How to get control of your mind whilst living in a world that is rigged in a way that sucks you into meaningless tasks that waste your time and stop you achieving your dreams.
How do you stay focused in a world that is rigged to rob you of your attention span?
Answering this question is possibly one of the most important things you will ever do in your lifetime.
Make taking your focus back in life a complete priority.
If you don’t take your focus back in life you will:
- Keep wondering around doing meaningless tasks that stop you from achieving your dreams
- End up doing too many things that mean nothing towards your actual mission
- Be building other people’s dreams instead of building your own
- Not feel like you have accomplished anything meaningful to you
Lack of focus is one of the greatest destroyers of dreams and productivity. Constant interruptions lower your performance, burns unnecessary glucose in your brain causing fatigue and makes you waste your valuable time.
- If I fail to focus on the things that are important to me like my goals, what will my life be like in the future?
- What will happen to the overall quality of my life if I don’t take time to water the seeds of my dreams?
Fortunately, there are many techniques available that can help you maintain your focus. Below you can find some helpful tips to improve your focus enabling you to achieve more in your day and get closer to your dreams. Focus is not just about being productive, it’s about living a fulfilling life. Your focus will drive everything that you do and hep you to achieve your desired out come a lot quicker.
- Get distinct on what your daily goals are (break bigger goals into smaller achievable daily goals). Writing down your goals is a powerful declaration of intent! Write down a written statement on what you are going to accomplish that day and have a plan of action.
- Plan your day. Carve out time in your day that you will spend your time completing your intended tasks.
- Put a ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ sign up on your door or make sure you tell your family or your colleagues that you will not be available between certain times unless there is an emergency.
- Remove distractions. Mute your phone and turn off notifications on your computer or other devices for email and social media.
- Boost your focus by using the ancient art of Mindfulness which helps to reign back an unfocused mind. This particular technique It is very soothing for the nervous system which leave you feeling more relaxed whilst you build your dreams.
- Restrict mindless browsing on social media that robs you of your valuable time and energy. Save your brain power for tasks that will help you achieve your dreams. (This is not to say some level of browsing isn’t good because you can find really inspiring things which are great for your personal development. You know the difference between mindless browsing and life changing content
- Stop saying yes to everyone and everything! Saying no, just at first so that you can check if what you are about to agree to is in alignment with your mission. If you fill your life doing everything for everyone else, when will you have time to focus on your purpose and mission? Start learning to say no sometimes and make space for you to concentrate on the things that mean so much to you and help you build your dreams. This is not to say that you can’t help people when they are genuinely in need, it just means that you establish healthy boundaries freeing up valuable time to focus on your life too. Next time someone asks you for something, stop and pause. Give it thought. If you are put on the spot and need to give an answer right away, then you are best off saying “No, I need more time to think about it before I can make a commitment.” Often, if you don’t commit right away, the person will find another way to work things out without your help. When you say yes to everything you end up miserable, depleted of energy and resentful.
- Set a timer on your phone for 25 minutes at a time. During these 25 minutes all notifications are off, the DO NOT DISTURB sign is on your door and it is FOCUS time. Resist the temptation to look at your phone or emails for the full duration of that time. Then you can reset the timer for another 25 minutes after a short break.
- In order to stay focused on a task have a pen and paper next to you and write anything you need to remember. Promise yourself that you’ll be able to look at it once your focusing session is over and your break has arrived.
- Reward yourself once you have completed your task Give yourself a reward every time you achieve one of your goals. Spend some time doing things you like such as listening to music, going for a walk, having a hot chocolate or a chat with a friend.
You’ll be moving your life forward day by day and little by little. When you start to to keep these levels the focus you will start to experience a beautiful life.